Friday, January 13, 2012
Quite a Character!
Who is your all-time favorite character in a book? Jack Weyland's, Charly is my favorite. That is one of the few books I can read over and over and it is because she truly comes to life out of the pages. I see why there was a movie made from that book, and I also believe there have been plays created. Another character who comes to life for me is Sherlock Holmes. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's creation comes to life out of the streets of London. His wit and sarcasm are enjoyable. I would love to hear your comments about favorite characters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice is one of mine, but then so is Darcy!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I can choose just one. I've loved so many! One of my favorites is Harry Potter. I just love that kid and his willingness to persevere rather than running away screaming like many would have done. His innate desire to champion good in spite of being raised in an abusive household. It's so common for an abused child to grow and and become an abuser, too.
ReplyDeleteThat is SO HARD! I'm going to go with Eugenides from The Thief.
ReplyDeleteMy all-time favorite character is Jean Val Jean from Les Miserables. I love that he truly changed throughout the course of the book to the point that he would sacrifice himself to save an innocent man. There are lots of other great characters in so many other great books, but he always stands above the rest for me.
ReplyDeleteI love this one too and have to add that I love the Priest who gave him the candlesticks. This simple act of love and forgiveness was what inspired Jean Val Jean to change so completely.
DeleteI'm also a Charly lover, I had the pleasure of having dinner with Jack Weyland many moons ago.
ReplyDeleteHe was my college roommates mission Pres. and came to Utah for a book signing.
Her parents had him over for Sunday dinner & I was on lucky roommate who got to go!! =o)
My all-time favorite is Samwise Gamgee in The Lord of the Rings. I want to be just like him. I even have a son named Sam in his honor. =)
ReplyDeleteI just have to list a few of my favorites (sorry): Charlotte Bronte's Jayne Eyre, Mr. Bhaer in Little Women and Little Men and the Grandfather or Alm Uncle in Heidi have been a big part of who I am trying to become.
ReplyDelete