Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Comment for Chocolate!



  What is your opinion on blogs?  I have found that I get much more attention on social media about my book Escape to the Sea than I get from my blog.  The traffic I get on my blog seems to come from other authors or avid bloggers.  I think it can be difficult for people to leave comments on a blog if they aren't familiar with them. If you'd like the chance to win delicious chocolates from me, leave a comment with your opinion about blogs and how they can best be used.

5 comments:

  1. I struggle with my blog too. I find social media is the way to go, but the blog shouldn't be neglected either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs were big for awhile, but I think the easy-ness of Facebook and other social media just took over. I know I used to comment on a lot of blogs (and read them, too) but it was very time-consuming. I love blogs and loved blogging, but even taking care of my own blog slowed way down when I got more into social media. I think a key is to mention a blog post on social media and that might drive people to read it. They are more apt to comment about it on FB, though, and not the blog itself which is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine writes an extremely successful blog. She's into photography, plus designing and crocheting snowflake patterns. That's her platform, and she has a pattern book out, and she has lots of followers/fans/buyers. So, blogs seem to be most successful for a platform. For instance, Nichole has a mermaid book out. Therefore, she's bound to get tons of followers who love mermaids. I think it takes a specific niche to generate a huge, successful blog. Good luck, Tera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes time for most of us to build a blog following. Twice I've wondered whether to keep going and right afterward I saw an upswing of traffic. It's been 4 years now. It has been good for me (and hopefully a few others) to make that regular effort, find different writing topics, etc. Comments are dwindling for many blogs because people use their phones to read, but don't want to spend time on tiny keyboards. If traffic is increasing (even slowly) or if you have some regulars, or if it makes you happy, or records things you want recorded, or whatever--do it for yourself. When that changes, reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, since you were my first comment, I'm going to mail you some chocolate. Can you let me know your address? If you don't want to comment here, you can e-mail me at teramecham10@hotmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete