I love a plot or character that totally takes me by surprise. Take the crippled professor in the Da Vinci Code for example. (I admit I haven't read the book, so I'm just talking the movie.) The fact that he ends up the bad guy completely threw me off, and I loved it. What movie or character has taken you by surprise?
The God King in Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker was a great surprise. It's such a great book!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Angie. That was an awesome twist. Absolutely loved that book. Another was the supernatural element in "I Am Not a Serial Killer". Never saw that coming.
ReplyDeleteFor a movie--I think the king of twists was "The Sting".
I don't want to give the plot away, but there was a good twist in the movie Dream House. Gotta love psychological mind benders.
ReplyDeleteThe Samuel L. Jackson character in Unbreakable. Totally didn't see that coming.
ReplyDeleteOoo true point about the character in Warbreaker. I also loved the plot for Snape in Harry Potter.
ReplyDelete